This was a Lecture on Göttingen Summer School on Chinese Law 2020 by Dr. Xiaopeng Zhao.
The untraditional Intellectual Properties (IP) could be protected by Chinese Competition Law, such as:
- Trade Secret
- Business name (also corporate name) of a legal person (including the short name or trade name)
- Name of a person (including the pen name, art name and translated name)
- Name of a product, trade dress (packaging, business decoration etc.)
- Main part of a domain name, name of a website, webpage design etc.
This lecture focuses on four topics:
- Business name protection – overlapping with trade mark protection
- Product name protection – how famous it should be?
- Trade dress protection – protection of product design after expiration of design (patent) protection
- Trade secret protection – current legal situation in China
Link of the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/0Cx0UQ79UuQ
This video provides an overview of the questions discussed in the lecture.
Please contact us for the full lecture of in total 72 minutes.